Yesterday I listed some of things I don’t have, so, in the interests of balance, here’s a short and random list of some of the things I DO have:
- A very excellent brother, sister-in-law, niece and nephew.
- Many fabulous friends, some old, some new, some I know in real life, some I’ve only met online, some whose real names I don’t know, some close by, some a long way away.
- An inquisitive and active mind.
- All my senses intact.
- The internet. I bloody love the internet. And my MacBook and digital camera.
- Membership of the utterly wonderful West Sussex library service.
- A nice rented home and garden, in a pleasant coastal town. It’s a bit tame here, but I do like living near the sea.
- The companionship of a sweet soppy (and occasionally infuriating) cat.
- Friendly (and occasionally infuriating) neighbours of all ages from toddlers to octogenarians.
- Enough money for my present needs and a few non-essentials.
- A small cheap-to-run car kindly given to me by an old friend who inherited it when his aunt died.
- A greater awareness of what really matters in life.
- Life itself – it may not be the life I hoped for when I was 28, but I still have one, which sadly some of my friends do not.